OWL Cybersecurity is looking for a dedicated infrastructure engineer to secure, maintain, and advance our cutting-edge threat intelligence platform. OWL Cybersecurity is considered a leader in Information Security with primary businesses that focus on cyber threat intelligence, security assessments, and security consulting services.
- Experience working in both physical and cloud environments.
- Highly proficient with Linux servers, shell scripts, services, settings, directories, etc.
- Proficiency with languages such as Python and BASH, monitoring systems such as Nagios, and integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and Docker.
- Working knowledge of Java application servers.
- Familiarity with big data technologies such as Hadoop and agile software development methodology a plus.
- Comfortable working independently but also as a team member to solve difficult problems.
- Architect, install, configure, and manage physical hardware and/or virtual machines, firewalls, backups, DNS, authentication, and other cluster services.
- Design, implement, and secure all development, QA, staging, and production environments.
- Perform daily system and application monitoring to verify the integrity and availability of all servers, systems, applications, and processes.
- Stay up-to-date with and recommend the latest security issues and trends.
- Repair and recover hardware or software failures, communicating status to those impacted.
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, and service providers.
- Interpret, constructively discuss, provide advice, and resolve problems on complex issues with developers and other team members.
- Contribute to, author, and maintain system standards.
- Other duties as assigned to support development efforts.