Tech Lead / Software Architect
As the OWL Cybersecurity technical lead, you will join our team of A-players to work closely with product management and lead highly productive developers to advance our cutting-edge darknet big data platform. Our OWL Vision platform provides the world's largest index of darknet content and the tools and services to efficiently find leaked or otherwise compromised sensitive data. You will oversee all development, implementation, integration and testing to delivery and deploy production-ready code that meets business requirements and project schedule.
- At least 8-10 years of increasingly responsible positions within the software industry, including application design and leading development teams.
- Experience designing highly intuitive and highly scalable applications.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodology, particularly scrum.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing requirements.
- Excellent communication, coaching, and mentoring skills, and a passion for helping others improve their skills.
- Expert-level in Java-based platforms, tools, and environments
- Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and MapReduce
- Database technologies such as Hbase, MySQL, MongoDB, or Cassandra
- Open source frameworks and tools such as Eclipse, Maven, Dropwizard, Hibernate, or Spring
- Oversee all development, implementation, integration, and testing to deliver and deploy production-ready code that meets business requirements and project schedule.
- Work closely with product management to translate business requirements into technical solutions, architecture design, level of effort, and project schedule.
- Design architecture and establish best practices that produce efficient and elegant code while reducing refactoring and rework.
- Research, plan, write, and approve developer stories with acceptance criteria.
- Provide code review feedback and technical guidance in a polite and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned to support development efforts.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or comparable field.